Events and workshops
for individuals and organisations
Acorn Training contains a range of training days designed to equip individuals, churches, chaplaincies and community groups in the ministry of healing and wholeness.
- Listening - foundational for any type of care, the Listening Strand of our Training portfolio equips you competently support others within health and social care environments, schools, churches and a range of other community services.
- Reconciliation - finding not just solutions to conflict, but learning how relationships impacted by conflict can be healed. Understanding how conflict starts and ends is essential for healthy, life-giving relationships.
- Healing - providing practical and helpful training in the ministry of healing in and through the local church.
Our work is motivated by our core values based on four key concepts of spirituality, valuing humanity, transformation through service and the importance of community.
Our Training Team:
All our training is delivered by two of our experienced team of Acorn Trainers. Each of our trainers has attended a rigorous development programme and we offer a number of 'Calling Days' for those who might want to explore God's calling for our work. Many of our trainers have been with us for a number of years, and we also have a number of new additions to the team each year. Our team is spread through the UK. If you would like to know more about how to become one of the Acorn Training team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Methodology - Working in Partnership with You:
Each training event is tailored to the needs of your church or organisation. Our Trainers will discuss your aims and using our approved materials; the event will be designed to meet the objectives together.
The training is led so that delegates will develop new knowledge and understanding of the subject and leave the day inspired to use their newly acquired skills.
Our training is therefore:
- Foundational teaching with sound Biblical values, which shape ministry
- Interactive in training approach
- Reflective with space to listen to God, and to others within the group
- Challenging as delegates gain skills required to enable others to find wholeness
- Exciting as delegates develop their God given potential as a disciple of Christ.