events & courses
Prayer Ministry Training in Ulverston
1st June 2019 - 10:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
Prayer Ministry Training: Exercising a Credible & Compassionate Prayer Ministry
Led by members of the Acorn Team - we will be examining the Biblical foundations of drawing others into the presence of God through prayer ministry, as well as establishing a clear understanding of personal and ministry boundaries.
There will be time to work in small groups and assess real life ministry scenarios.
- Our Prayer Ministry Training course provides a clear conceptual framework for the development and practice of a competent and compassionate prayer ministry in a church or community setting.
- Participants will: Explore the theology of prayer ministry: the nature of God/ prayer/ faith/the Kingdom of God.
- Relate the Gifts of the Holy Spirit to practical ministry settings
- Learn the importance of building a prayer ministry that is respectful, inclusive, holistic and team based.
- Consider guidelines covering safety, relationships, confidentiality, respect and responsibility.
- Discuss ministry scenarios and identify relevant areas for prayer intervention.
- Minister in prayer using the Acorn prayer pattern: interview, prayer, assessment and follow up.
Feedback from recent participants:
- very good training and compassionate delivery
- Acorn courses are always well structured
- there is a breadth and depth to this ministry ...
- very resourceful course with practical ways of furthering this ministry
- deepened my knowledge and understanding of prayer ministry
- good clear biblical training
- excellent, helpful and practical training