events & courses
Professional Volunteer Listening Practice (Module 3) in Preston
16th January 2019 - 10:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
This next step in the listening pathway equips delegates to listening safely in a formal one to one setting. We consider what is good and safe practice shaped through biblical understanding.
The full Acorn paradigm will be revisited with an assessment will be undertaken by Acorn trainers.
Module 3 prepares people to listen in a formal situation, in a professional, safe way.
Aims of section 1
- To consider how we can listen well to feelings in others, which helps listening to the whole person
- To reflect on our own emotional health and increase our awareness of feelings
- To discuss when it is not appropriate to offer listening – exploring boundaries
- To practise the full mirroring listening method
Aims of section 3
- To consider the importance of developing a listening relationship in a formal setting well
- To continue practising the full mirroring listening method
Attendance of Effective Listening Practice (Module 1) and Applied Listening Practice (Module 2) before this event is essential.
Part 2 of this course is on Wednesday 23 January 2019 - 10am- 4pm
For further details please contact One2One Listening - email: firstname.lastname@example.org